Thursday, June 14, 2012

Paint it Brick










I have noticed an uprising in painted brick.  I have a feeling people are growing tired of the brick wall, reclaimed wood paneling trend.  We love brick!  We love the story it tells, the way it smells, the fact it seems real, alive and changing.  We love the texture and the variety of color, we love the contrast it creates against any other buidling material.  Brick is the new black, it looks good with everything.  My nana painted all the brick in her house white when I was little.  I couldn't believe it.  I was actually offended by it as a kid.  I thought it was so great the way it was, why would you paint it?  Now painted brick is back.  Are we tired of the dusty red color?  Are we back to loving white walls?  Whatever we are, I am digging the painted brick.  Paint it blue, stripes, black.  Do whatever you want with it and don't think twice about it.  Painted brick is the new black!



No comments:

Post a Comment