Monday, June 25, 2012

This Isn't Your Grandmother's China

Our days move so fast.  To think of the luxury of slowing things down to appreciate each moment in your day is almost unfathomeable.  But there are certain things that I have started to aquire in my life that make me slow down and appreciate them.  When you surround your self with the things you love, crafted beautiful sculptural art pieces, you begin to appreciate them and what they give to you.  I recently decided that I was old enough to have my own "china" collection.  This is very different from the china my nana was given at her wedding, but to me it is just as special.  I have started to aquire my own heath collection and everytime I use a plate, or drink my coffee I really appreciate that moment.  I open my cabinet and love seeing the treasures behind the doors.  Owning beautiful things makes moments special.  Take the time to surround yourself with the art that you love, fill your home with it and enjoy it to its fullest capacity. Invest in some art for your life weather it is a framed peice, a sculpture, or handcrafter pottery that you integrate into the dinner table.  It brings designs together and fills the nooks of your days with beauty and appreciation, which is something we can never have enough of.


images and pottery can all be found at:
http://www.raedunn.com/gallery . http://www.heathceramics.com/ . http://www.kaatra.com/









1 comment:

  1. comforting the day with special treasures... nice hannah.....

    ReplyDelete