Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Indian summer is here and I feel like spring cleaning with some vino verde and enjoying these warm fog-less days  with a pairing of high productivity.  Our bathroom in our new house is tiny, not like typical tiny but quite possibly the smallest bathroom I have ever been in.  1 step in sink, 1turn right shower 1 turn left toilet, that's it.  There are two windows and three light fixtures which is wonderful but still we really had to be smart about where we put things and how two people were going to comfortably share this space.  There is no counter, there was an ugly mirror/storage console above the sink, and the sink is so small you can barely fit your hands under the faucet.  But....deep breath....we will solve this all with a design solution.  If I owned the house I would rip the fixtures out and come up with a whole different set up, but that's not gonna happen....atleast not today, or tomorrow.  So I have transformed the space as best as I could and it only cost me...a grand total of about $80.00! Hows that for designing on a dime....HDTV should hire me!  

From inside the shower....see very small
I put a basket on either side of the toilet one for my hairdryer stuff and one for trash

Small as it is,  I have found room for a few nicknacks that I love...every bathroom needs them
this was my nana's bobby pin holder and I have loved it since the day she gave it to me

the window is really great, and I built this cabinet out of reclaimed siding and and old wooden crate I found at the salvage yard for $15.  The shelving above is reclaimed wood from heritage salvage.  
It holds our extra towels, tp and the stuff we dont use everyday but need in our bathroom


by putting a flat mirror above the sink instead of a storage console with a mirror I created more space above the sink, and it really feels a lot easier to use than it was

my favorite soap

found these in the back of the closet in our bedroom and relocated them here #free

from my dear friend Hayley Johnson, every designer should remember the important lines in life

built a shelf out of this old wooden box (#foundobjects) so we could have some surface area

little pieces of artwork that are graphic and have deep meaning to me

To be continued....
this will be the new sconce above the mirror, once I figure out how to rewire it
project for the next hot sunny day off. 

1 comment: