Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Shedding my skin...

That's right, I want a shed.  I want a tool shed, a creative space, a nook to protect me from the elements that isn't my house.  I want a space that has bugs and dirt and smells like old wine cellar.  I want it underground or sitting high on a hill.  I want it to look old and worn, like it has been sitting there waiting for me for years.  I want a shed to hold my found treasures that I am not sure what else to do with.  I want it to be full of metal, wood, paper, clay, sharp, soft, sturdy and tired.  Glowing in the night while I work away on new designs, new creative patterns, new shapes and new ideas.  I want to bundle up in a scarf and boots and walk to my shed and fill it with energy and time.  Justin Vernon of Bon Iver  is said to have written his entire album, 'For Emma, Forever Ago' in a shed in the middle of winter somewhere very cold.  Here are some ideas of sheds I would like to build and hang out in....I think there is something to be said for a girl with a shed.  



more of a treehouse but this could be my shed

another round treehouse looking space

more typical style, more practical I suppose, but this could totally work

see...other people like sheds too...

perfect!


treehuger.com remedelista.com inhabit.com tinyhouseblog.com 

1 comment:

  1. Love the pallet shed. love the very last one. go get you one!

    ReplyDelete