Thursday, September 6, 2012

Open For Service

I moved in....
and to say it has been a stressful few days (now turning into weeks) is an understatement.  Ben and I both have insanely busy lives full full full to the brim, and we wouldn't want it any other way.  But that being said we have had little time to settle, to enjoy the space and each other in it, or to nest....yes I said it NEST.  I have tried to deny the fact that I love my house, in my control the way I like it.  But, I need a nest.  It is something I discovered in this move and it is like some big mean creature came through and pulled my nest apart and left all the pieces on the ground for me to slowly put back together.  But, moving forward, I am finally excited about my new nest as it is coming together....ever so slowly.   Patience is a virtue just not one of mine.  I have very little of it, something I continually struggle with.  But it is times like this when I put my patience to the test and try and breathe and relax and enjoy the daily struggle where my house isn't perfect all the time.  It is a healthy exercise.
So all that being said, last weekend Ben and I really put some time into the kitchen and started to get the space more organized.  He has a tendency to cover every shelf, surface or corner with booze.  We do drink...a decent amount, but he sells booze and so we have a plenty of it.  And we needed a place to display all of our beautiful, crafted booze, and all of my beautiful crafted heath.  I want my heath out and staring at me at all times.  So here are the shots...not the best camera (my iphone).  I need to start actually photographing stuff.  But non the less I am very happy with the way the kitchen is turning out.  Coming together, in more ways than one.























No comments:

Post a Comment