Thursday, September 20, 2012

New Corner



In fixing up my new house, I find it theraputic to set up great looking corners of the room.  I organize my things just the way I want them and use a collection of found objects, treasures and practical things to make creative niches in my house.  I have a LOT of STUFF.  I am constantly trying to downsize, especially with my new move, and constantly trying to get rid of clutter.  But my stuff makes me happy.  I love looking at my collections of things and thinking of where I got them, who I was with and all the memories that I have had since.  I hold onto things.  I have a bit of separation anxiety if you will; not to be throwing that term around loosely.
Anyways…I did some cleaning, some throwing out and some organizing today and came up with this new corner, which was occupied by boxes just a few hours ago.  Using a chair as a place for my coffee table books works great for me.  I hate having things on my coffee table because I love to sit on my couch and work on my computer and I feel a bit claustrophobic when it is covered with books and things.  A plant softens the harsh, steril metal cart and a cluster of unique glass bottles adds texture and balance to the space.  The antlers are from my parents back yard.  I am saving up for a big set or a bull skull (with horns attached is what I really want).  I love them!  The wine box is full of pens.  Ben loves to draw although he hasn’t since I have known him.  But in sorting out our things he had bags and bags of really great pens and markers and I kept asking him to do something with them but he kept putting it off which made me think maybe he just really wants them around.  So I found space, hidden and out of site but accessible and unique.  And I love a good Micron so no harm no foul.  All in all it was a pleasant morning putting this together and that’s what having a home is all about!





THE DUDE 
#BESTDOGEVER

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE everything about that corner. Everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, it’s only when you’ve moved from one house to another that you really get to see just how much stuff you actually have! I just moved into my own place recently as well, and I had a hard time deciding what to throw away since I, too, suffer from emotional attachment to a lot of the things I own! It was fun organizing my affects in the new home, though, and turning the space into something I can call my own.

    Carmen Monrovia

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first moved out to the house I now live in, I was also surprised to find out how much stuff I had! It was also quite an adventure trying to figure out where everything went. But in the end, I think I was able to truly turn my house into a home. You did a great job with your new place! Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ~ Calvin Mordarski

    ReplyDelete