Wednesday, August 29, 2012

SURPRISE!!!

Something very exciting is happening in my personal life....I am moving in with my man.  This means a lot of things.  Two people cramming things into what used to be one persons space,  me moving into a bachelor pad of sorts, and me hiring a maid.  It is so much easier than arguing about cleaning details every week.  But the reason I am writing to tell you this is because I will be documenting my journey of transforming our space into a compatible living situation.  The first transformation is in the bedroom...old dirty rug is out, shelves are in the works and the baseboards, doors and trim have a fresh coat of shiny bright white paint.  Exciting!  But don't get me wrong, there is obviously a deep reason I love and adore Ben and I want to maintain his personality in things, although his skull paintings might be too much for me, there is a real elegance to defining our space as ours, and maintaining our own personal styles underneath the transformations.  Either way, instead of thinking of this as a difficult argument, or challenge I am looking for the most fit design solutions to cure our concerns.  There is a design solution for everything.  If something isn't working it is no one's fault it is just poor design.  And that is true for a lot of things in life.  New hybrid bedroom pics to come... but until then, these are some pieces I am longing for to change the functionality of the space.  Get ready!


kitchen storage unit meets butcher block, meets table with stool  
Multi-purpose furniture is a must in small apartment living
from: JaysonHome


I also found this amazing piece that could work in the kitchen, but it is on ebay and in kansas
I want it so bad!




 bathroom storage option

old drafting stools! I want 

small spaces call for drastic measures. This simple desk will be perfect.  
from bluedot


another bathroom wall mount storage unit. Reclaimed wood box. Remodelista.com

No comments:

Post a Comment