Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Let the white shine

White walls, white wash, perfect white sheets, fluffy white towels, hmmmm it all sounds so perfect.  How much white is too white.  How much white is boring or how little white is boring....?  Is the california white wall style back, or did it ever leave?  I grew up with white walls, for the most part, till i was old enough to paint my own room, which I did almost once a year my whole life...god bless my parents for allowing my expressive creativity to shine!  But is there a point where white is the undesigned color, or is white often more intentional than we think.  I love white!  1, it makes my white white skin look sort of tan in some light. 2, It is clean, and reminds me of clean and that I appreciate clean nice things (except that I have learned you cant have a puppy and a white bed spread).  3, it feels elegant, pretty, light, beachy etc.  4, it goes great with everything, it sets a blank canvas for endless possibilities.  That being said, is white just a blank canvas?  Or is white intentional?  Intentionally not that interesting and plain.  Intentionally stark? Or intentionally clean, and humble...white is really never trying to hard to be anything, which is why I like it so much.  Just be sure you aren't using it because you didn't know what else to use.  









photos from: 
apartment 48. home-designing.com . urban sardine . elle decor 


No comments:

Post a Comment